Today, Saratov – one of the largest cities of Russia, which has a high industrial, scientific and cultural potential. This is facilitated by a modern river port, and well-established rail and located within the city airport, recently received international status. The city stretches along the banks of the Volga at 25 kilometers and covers an area of more than 37 thousand hectares. Its population – over a million people. Saratov was rebuilt in 1617 on the left bank of the Volga. More information is housed here: best bars in new york.
It was the same as before, a small wooden fortress surrounded by a log wall – fence with three gates and several wooden towers. The garrison had to arms 'fire bomb' – the artillery of cast-iron cannons and arquebuses. In addition to the military in the city, protected by walls, now living and merchants, and artisans. The exact number of residents is difficult to call. Anyway, according to a 1632, men in Saratov was 511. On the women and children is not known – statistics at the time they were not taken into account.
Sam garrison consisted of 427 people, mostly small serving people – archers, gunners, collars (both formerly known as those who perform guard service at the gate). The tsarist government was paying them a salary: money – 3 rubles a year, and meat – two quarters of rye per person and two quarters of oats to the horse. (At that time a quarter is five pudam, or slightly more than 80 kgs.) army chiefs – strelets centurion, strelets head and governor – have lived much better than their subordinates. They received a good salary in those days – about 100 rubles a year, and in addition, for the military campaigns of the king rewarded them with expensive gifts.